A Father's Child

Lunes, Disyembre 20, 2010

Like father like son: this is what they usually say when they see a man with his grown up boy. Comparing their selves and doing stuff that only them can understand. But how come I didn't experience someone saying that to me? I feel bad when I think of this.

Having no father while growing up was difficult. My father is not dead, okay? It's just that we're not closed like a solid one. I don't know. I can't even feel his presence. I can't remember memories that we've been together. In short, there's really nothing about us. He's just my father, and I'm his son, that's all and nothing more.

Ever since I was young, I was only with my Lola, Aunt, and Mom. There were the only ones who help me grew up. Loved and nourished me. I was raised with women surrounding me, maybe this explains why act like this. I could have more than this if  he stayed by my side.

I am my father's only child yet I didn't felt that. It seemed like to him, I'm less important compared to those things he kept on doing. He didn't manage to have another wife and child. He didn't also manage to care, pay attention, and look to his only son. He lives like a single person without obligation.

He's irresponsible. I think he don't deserve to be a father. I'm not blaming him. Please don't get me wrong. But you know what? Every time problem appear, I tell myself that it wouldn't be this way if he worked on our family. I could have been better. I could have been stronger.I could have been manlier.

We didn't have bonding time like those who had one. We didn't had the chance to talk about our favorite stuff and what are habits are.We didn't experience laughing together. We didn't had the chance to go outlook out for beautiful women. We didn't had the chance to know each other better than not knowing at all. We have wasted chance. We have wasted time. I regret. I could made a move. on a gig. We didn't had time to

With these, I share want to share these three messages of mine:
To those who feel apart from their fathers: make a way while you're still young, while time is still on and while the chances are there.
To those who love their fathers so much: cherish each others memories, they are treasures to keep, and show the world, show me, what a father-child relationship truly is!
To those who will become fathers: love your children more than the way your fathers loved you, build relationships toward your children, lay time and be a good example.

-end-

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento