An Out of School Youth

Sabado, Pebrero 19, 2011

Before, I feel sad to those who's in the same age as me for they don't go to school like I do but few weeks later, I feel bad too for myself. We have been scammed led to bankruptcy so I had to stopped studying. It came to the point our electricity and water had been cut-off, we ran out of money to sustain food, and the worst, we all worked for our needs. 


I was absent for 10 days. I heard people were questioning my reason for not going to school. Some were worried that something might had happened to me. Some gave side comments that it was my lost in MMLP. For everyone, these were what happened to me. 


Since the start of the second semester, I felt that my family's financial status was already shaking. It was February this year, that it gone worst. 6th of the month, foresee that I will not be able to go to school on Monday. We had no money even budget for food. Monday came, I woke up early but didn't prepared for school, I was waiting for them to give me my allowance but they didn't. I said OKAY.


I was really hopeful for the next day. One day of absent meant a lot for me: absences on classes, missed quizzes, seat works, and bonding with CAs. Usually, when I wake up early, my breakfast was already set. That's a sign, I don't a breakfast thus I wasn't able to go.


Hopeless, I woke up. It was dark. There were no foods. I was not going to school anymore. I lost faith. and decided for myself that I will work for my living. Since no one's to support I have to do it in Mikee's way. I texted everyone on my phone book for helping me getting a job. I learned stand on my own. 


Then I worked as a waiter in a bar along Magsaysay Drive. For four days, I was a slave of a Chinese Businessman who's rude, cruel, and selfish. I can't seemed to like him but because I have to, I set aside my irritation. A night, I get Php80.00 which was kind of small  for 10 hours of duty. I was only well compensated when there's are T.I.Ps from customers. Some give as low as 20 and some up to a 100. Then I realized, it was hard for people who didn't finish their studies or didn't study at all to land a good job. 


Whatever we have, we give at least 40% as share of each for our home food budget. The only money I had gone through cut-offs so whatever the amount left, I saved. I learned how to work harder, spend less. With just three Php300.00 I went to Cavite, to my aunt. 


On my way, on the bus, I was crying. Thank God there were no more than 10 passengers. I thought of the hard days I've been through. I learned so many things in life. In Cavite, everything seems fine. I had no problem, there was no complications. 


I thought, it was the end of my career in Letran, I was hopeful, I prayed harder. Now I'm back and I'm gonna make the most out of this opportunity! I know I've misses a but I'll catch up. 




*I wish to revise this for clarity. 


-end-





0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento